The last week here in Nanchang has been one of ups and downs for me. The refining process is one that takes time and can catch us unawares at times. My life - where I will be living, what I will be doing, etc - is up for grabs as I don't really have an idea of what I will be doing the next school year. I think the hardest part about it is being patient and waiting on and listening for the Father's direction. A good friend of mine reminded me once that there isn't necessarily a wrong or right decision all the time. Furthermore, our Father looks to bless our decisions and the paths we choose as long as our eyes are focused on Him.
I feel I am growing here and must admit that I love my work. To treat all things equally though, I am learning how to balance how much one spends on work as I can be consumed by it. In listening to a talk that was challenging us (teachers) to let go of the things that we placed more importance on than our relationship with the Son, and I realized that one of those things for me was work. In acknowledging this over the break, I have been trying to make myself more available to my teammates as well as my students. I would say that any change of heart or ability to change things has come from our Father, not me.
I believe Proverbs 16:9 says, "A man makes plans in his heart, but the Father directs his steps."
I have been spending time lately memorizing verses from the Word in an effort to not lose focus, and realized while I was reading this that I need to memorize something that says, "Stop running, holding out, and trying to fight everything on your own. Come to me and I will comfort you in your time of need." I am sure something like this exists, but I can't help but admit that I often run, hold out, and try to do things on my own too often.
Changing gears (as a good friend of mine often says...)
I would appreciate all your thoughts for direction over the next month. As of right now, it is incredibly hard to know what is going to happen, but as I told many of you below is a list of my options thus far.
1. Stay on with the organization I am working with and pursue my Masters in TESOL, and possible relocate to Mongolia.
2. Stay in China and teach English.
3. Come home and pick a state to live in - Washington or California...
Thanks for all your thoughts!
Friday, February 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment